Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Letters dated Feb 9 - 15, 2011


More excerpts from letters to Aryan

Today wasn't bad, it was pretty dang long though.  Woke up, went to class, went to breakfast, went to gym (just did a ton of push ups and sit ups) then IDK  lol it all is just a blur now.  We just taught the newbees tonight about what goes on here. lol So yeah I was SO tired like the whole day cuz I couldn't fall asleep last night and I have no idea why.  I even worked out some more before going to bed so I could fall asleep but I still just layed in bed thinking and could NOT fall asleep.  So yeah that sucked....me n my companion are gonna go work out soon actually, so maybe I'll be able to fall asleep tonight.  Anyways....enough complaining.  I have a great companion...he really touchy and he's always giving me massages.  lol  I like it.  ha ha  So don't be jealous.  ha ha
OK, so I wanted to write to you about my day.  It was pretty depressing, but it turned out to be a nice day too. So I was sitting in class towards the end of the day and a sister walked in and was like, "is Elder Philpott in here?" I was like, "yeah."  She said that President Hacking wanted to talk with me, so I was a little weirded out cuz he's like almost president of the whole MTC.  I actually know him pretty well cuz he came into our district met and talked with us and then today we saw him in the hallway and talked for a while.  So anyways, I went into his office and he was just like, "we got the results of your medical report, and it looks like you will be staying here 6 extra weeks before you leave."  So I'm just like "WHAT?" That like a whole nother transfer!  So I thought about it and was like "oh wait the doc told me it would take 6 wkes to heal.  So, I had him check again and we found out that they really meant that I was leaving March 8th which is 6 weeks from when it happened.  So that was a relief but still super depressing cuz that means I won't be flying with the rest of my district (on the 21st).  And to top it all off we went and check the mail before lunch, and we all got our travel plans!!  So we were all super excited except for me  :o(.  So yeah, SUPER DEPRESSING!!
Anyways, I got a nice package from my Aunt Leslie and Uncle Bryan that had a bunch of gifts in it with scriptural references that I had to read and guess what's in it. lol  It was great!  They gave me a bunch of snacks in stuff lol  Oh and I also got your last batch of letters, which made my day.
(next day) I got your package today with everything in it.  It absolutely brightened my day!! I was having a long day cuz me n my comps had to have a companionship inventory.  All 3 of us (I'm in a trio now with Elder Howell) cuz we got to class late and our teacher lectured us about how we're leaders and we need to act like it.  So we talked about it and adjusted our goals and got better, but it was pretty awkward and tense talking about it.  So year, today was stressful and long and your package was EXACTLY what I needed.  I'm wearing the fuzzy socks right now and they are SO nice.  Oh lol and I love the Spanish phrase book you sent me.  LMBO your commentary in the romance section was cracking me up! And I LOVE the pita bread!!!lol  Aww oh my gosh....you know me so well and know exactly how to make me smile.  All the guys around me watched me open up the package and they were all like, "Dang I wish my Girl Friend was like that," and I was like, "yeah, I know she's too good for me!" ha ha
Today was pretty nice actually.  It was like 60 degrees today! So we did a little studying outside, which was a nice break from being in the tiny classroom.  Oh and we have this cool teacher named Hermano Adams, and he makes us give him a Snickers every time we're even a second late, and in return if he's ever late he has to get us all ice cream.  ha ha  He was late to class the other day, so he got us all ice cream from the outside world. lol  it was so good!  It was from a place called "spoon it" or something and Hermana Lichfield (really ditsy) kept calling it "Spoon Me" on accident! lol So we were all like, "Hermana do we need to practice teaching the law of Chastity again?? lol"  it was really funny!!  Other then that, today was pretty un eventful....Oh I heard there was another earth quake in Chile in Concepcion....so yeah looks like i'll be doing a lot of cleanup service work.  Anyways....got to go workout with the Tongans now.
Today was another busy day for the ZL's but new ZL's were called to replace us when we leave, so they'll be shadowing us this whole week and be finding out what it means to be a ZL.  So yeah, I'm actually pretty excited to go back to the "lazy" schedule.  ha ha  The only draw back is that time will start going slow again.  Time really flys by when you are busy here.
Anyways, today was cool at the end cuz after te devotional Herman Young (the blond one going to Chile with us) she just started crying after the closing prayer and then asked if she could have a blessing. So we all went back to our classroom and she told us why she wanted a blessing.  She told us that she has rheumatoid arthritis and almost got reassigned to another mission cuz of it. And it started hurting her while she was taking notes during the devotional. So she was scared it might cause a problem before we leave.  So we gave her a blessing for it and it was so spiritual. After it was done we all just kind of stood there and didn't want to say anything to make the feeling of the Spirit go away.  It was great.  Times like that really make me love the mission.
I'm so excited for my apt. with the doctor tomorrow!  I HATE crutches!!  So yeah I hope it goes well and they tell me I can actually leave on time and don't have to stay an extra 2 weeks here in this boring place while all my friends are out in the field already teaching lessons to real people.....ahhhhh......anyways I'll try to stay positive and have faith but it's hard sometimes so be praying for me.
Today I went to the Dr. for my foot and he said that my foot hasn't been healing at all....but he decided to take me off the crutches and just leave me in the boot.  So I'm so happy about that, but it sucks that I won't be leaving with my district.  We are actually getting a bunch of advanced ones in our class Wednesday, so I will be able to get to know them and then when my district leaves next Monday (21st) I will still be with the advanced district, so I will have a native companion.  So I will be learning Spanish and a lot more. 
The temple was great today!  I also saw Cyrus Kinkaids sister.  She was learning Bulgarian on the floor above me actually, so we were always saying Hi to each other.  It was weird seeing someone from Ohio. It just feels like a completely different world here.  Today we went to the "outside world" to get Elder Howell's driving record and it was so weird. lol  like I really forget what it's like sometimes.  ha ha  I'm so happy to be off crutches now!  I can actually walk and get my own food and stuff.  It's great....but I am really bummed I'm not leaving with the rest of my district, but if it's the Lords will then it doesn't really matter to me.  I just took a video of the laundry room.  I'll be sending more pictures and video's to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment